Monday, March 1, 2010

Winner of the Metal Mania Challenge at TGF!

Back at the end of January, I entered a Wild Card Wednesday Metal Mania challenge at The Greeting Farm's "Club Anya" blog. You can view the details of the challenge here. I decided to enter the challenge and use another free digital image called Prince Ian. When I saw him I thought he looked more like Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, instead of an actual fairy-tale prince. So my mind started working and I kept seeing a forest theme with Robin Hood and Maid Marianne. I had seen several stair-step cards and decided it was the perfect style of card to fit my theme.

For the blog challenge I had to add metal accents, so I searched through my stash of embellishments and found the metal word "Imagine" and some metal brads. Here's my winning card:
I colored the skin and hair of Prince Ian with Copics E00 and E33. I drew the hat and feather, cut it out and glued it to the top of Ian's head. The rest of the image is colored with Sharpie markers. I used both Copics and Sharpies on Maid Marianne also. The trees and Prince Ian are raised up using pop-dots.

The paper came from My Mind's Eye Wonderful Winter paper pack. The round metal brads are from Close To My Heart.

I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed making it! It was a lot of fun and something a little different for me.

Hugs and Happy Scrapping!

Rosemary

No comments: