Sunday, March 14, 2010

Magnolia Challenge: Pink/Brown

Magnolia Stamp Lovers was having a pink/brown challenge (you can see the details here), so I decided I would make a card. Of course, who would have thought my computer would start acting up when I'm trying to make the deadline for the contest. It took forever to load this card to my blog, but here it is:

Most of this paper came together in the same pack, but for the life of me I can't remember the name since I took the pack apart a long time ago. I made the box present for Tilda to sit on. Then I put pop-dots behind Tilda and the present. The cream cardstock is embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots.

The flowers are just scallop circles, cut towards the center, and buttons glued on top. The sentiment is handwritten with a pink sharpie. I used two flower eyelets at the top of the card for the ribbon to slide through. The ribbon came from Michaels dollar bin. The border of the brown cardstock at the top was made with a Martha Stewart border punch.

Here's a close-up of Tilda:

This Tilda is called "Tilda with Heart Ornament." I used my copics and sharpie markers to color her in. I added pink dots to her dress with a Sharpie marker. Then I added glitter glue to the dots, ribbon around her dress, hair bows and ribbon holding the heart. The heart ornament has liquid glass on top to give it a shiny, glazed look.

I hope you enjoy it! I'm telling you, these Magnolia Stamps are very addicting! I started off with 7, but now my list has grown into....well...let's just say I want almost all of them! I was supposed to be budgeting this year on the crafting supplies, but then I ran across these stamps and now I'm on a collecting mission! I just placed a big order with Cindy at StampingScrapping.com and can't wait to get them all in. It's going to be Christmas all over again! :)

Hugs!
Rosemary

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey neighbor! This is gorgeous! You are very talented!
Aletha